Sri Krishna Janmashtami – the celebration of the transcendental birthday of Lord Krishna – is fast approaching, and we invite you to come celebrate with us at New Vrindaban.
Now more than ever, amid the global pandemic and riots, we need to invoke the blessings of Lord Krishna. When Krishna appeared in this world over 5,000 years ago, He eliminated the evil influences on the planet, and He promises to do the same for anyone who celebrates His divine appearance.
As stated in the Hari-bhakti-vilasa (Texts 283-284, 289-292) “By observing Sri Krishna Janmashtami one becomes free from the sinful reactions committed in seven lives. One gets good children, good health, and great wealth…. One will not have to fear enemies and will get sufficient rainfall and never have to suffer from drought. One will not have to fear natural calamities, hellish conditions, snakes, disease, or the attacks of rogues and thieves…”
So, let us come together to satisfy Lord Krishna on His birthday and spread auspiciousness throughout the world in these dire times!
For your safety, we will be allowing only 40 families to stay overnight on any given day of the festival, and we ask everyone to wear masks and observe social distancing while you are here. But to enable as many of you as possible to experience this great celebration, we will be holding two separate Janmashtami festivals!
Tuesday, August 11 is the actual appearance anniversary of the Lord. This most auspicious day gives you the opportunity to:
- Enjoy enacted pastimes of Lord Krishna around the lake (the Janmashtami Journey)
- Benefit from chanting Krishna’s holy names
- Relish a sumptuous evening dinner
- Witness a special midnight arati
- Be enamored by Sri Sri Radha Vrindaban Chandra in their splendid new outfit
- Join in the Maha-yajna (fire-sacrifice ceremony) to invoke Lord Krishna’s sublime blessings
- Participate in a Kalash Abhisheka – bathing the deities with sacred liquids
Saturday, August 15 will also be packed with Janmashtami festivities including Kalash Abhisheka, fun children’s activities, yoga, worship of the cows, a Swan Boat festival, and a sumptuous feast for all.
Please take advantage of the many wonderful opportunities to serve Sri Krishna on His birthday!
You can sponsor the festivities:
- Annadan (Janmashtami feast sponsorship) – $11,001
- Dresses for all deities – $7,501
- Maha-bhog offering (108 items) – $5,001
- Midnight dress/flower outfit – $2,501
- Maha Prasadam (108-preparation offerings) – $1,001
- Maha Kalash Abhishek (with gold plated bathing pot) – $1,501
- Kalash Abhishek – $751
- Maha-yajna (sacred fire-sacrifice ceremony) – $501
You can serve the cows, which are dear to Sri Krishna
- Lifetime care for a cow – $ 6,501
- Go-daan (general cow donation) – $3,501
- Annual cow adoption – $1,501
- Feed a cow for year – $365
- Worship the cows (Go-puja) – $108
Kalash Abhisheka – August 11th & 15th 2020
Imagine helping to bathe Sri Sri Radha Vrindaban Chandra, the presiding deities of New Vrindaban, from gold plated Kalash (bathing pot)
This is how you can get involved:
|Accommodation||1 night||2 nights|
|Gold Plated Kalash||*||*|
Complete Audio Archives
|New Vrindaban Special Cow Ghee||*|
|Free accommodation||1 night (anytime once in a year after festival)|
To sponsor a gift or to participate in Kalash Abhishek please contact Nikunjaras Das for more details at: +1 304 312 6539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you. Hare Krishna!